Annie’s works with suppliers we trust to source only non-GMO ingredients. We believe the best tasting food comes from simple, pure, natural and organic ingredients. We also believe that you have the right to know what’s in your food. As a food company that strongly supports organic farming, we are firmly opposed to genetically engineered ingredients in any of our products and we believe that people should be able to make informed choices about what foods they eat. Annie’s is taking several steps to help protect our food system against GMOs. We:
- Formulate, source and process our products using non-GMO ingredients.
- Organic ingredients – by law, organic ingredients are grown and processed without GMOs
Natural ingredients – we require all suppliers to provide documentation demonstrating that they can meet our non-GMO requirements
- Work with reputable, trusted suppliers to ensure that our ingredients are grown and processed without GMOs using methods such as segregation, traceability, risk assessment, identity preservation and quality control management.
- Work with the Non-GMO Project, a non-profit organization that developed a standard to prevent GMO use and contamination, to validate our non-GMO status through third-party verification.
- We advocate for tighter policy and regulations. For example, we jointly filed a petition with the FDA calling on them to label genetically engineered foods (Docket Number: FDA 2011-P-0723-0001/CP). Please see the letter that we sent separately to the FDA regarding our position.
- We endorse Prop 37, the California ballot initiative to label food products made from genetically engineered ingredients, as well as Just Label It, the national labeling campaign.
Learn more about our partnership with the Just Label It and Non-GMO projects here.
Annie’s celebrates parents who are saying no to synthetic ingredients. Watch and share!