In 2011, we moved offices and built a new space with an express intent to achieve LEED certification and thereby reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
As part of our efforts, we chose the following:
- Central location – Our office location is centrally located and within walking distance to public transportation, restaurants, shops and more.
- Recycled furniture – 98% of the furniture in our office is recycled, thus preventing the harvest of new mateials, avoiding landfill and reducing our environmental footprint.
- Energy efficient lighting – Occupancy sensors and optimized lighting practices reduce our lighting power by 42%.
- Water efficient fixtures – Low-flow, water-conserving fixtures reduce our annual water use by 35%.
- Energy efficient equipment – More than 70% of our equipment is Energy Star certified.
- Green power – 100% of our electricity usage is offset with renewable energy credits.